A fire broke out in the slums near Kherwadi in Bandra East on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident took place around 3 pm in a ground plus one structure located in the slums inside Kherwadi area of the suburb.
The fire department was immediately alerted about the mishap, following which two fire tenders and one water tanker arrived on the spot.
According to preliminary information, the fire was caused due to a short circuit and doused around 3:30 pm.
The outer section of two shops and first floor balcony were partially gutted in the fire. However, no casualties have been reported till now.
Further details are awaited.
Note: The report was added immediately after the incident. It will be updated as and when more information becomes available.Back to latest news