First inter-city heart transportation by road covers 150 kms in 95 minutes
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Friday morning, the life of a 14-year-old was saved as the country’s first inter-city heart transportation by road completed successfully.
2. The donor, a 28-year-old businessman from Satara was rendered brain dead after meeting with a severe accident on Wednesday. After learning about his condition, his family decided to donate all his vital organs and save as many lives as possible.
3. The family’s noble gesture saved many lives, including that of 14-year-old Borivali-boy, Vaibhav Patil, who was in desperate need of a heart. Patil was suffering from a congenital heart disease.
4. Pune’s Ruby Hall Clinic, where the donor was undergoing treatment, alerted all the hospitals. The wheels were quickly set in motion, and within no time, the decision to transport the heart to Mulund’s Fortis Hospital was taken.
5. Late night on Thursday, Pune’s traffic police created a green corridor and transported the heart from Pune to Mulund via Mumbai-Pune Expressway. The heart traveled a distance of approximately 150 kms in mere 95 minutes without any hiccups and culminated the country’s first inter-city heart transport.