FYJC 2018: Revised admission timetable for Mumbai, Nagpur divisions
In the wake of torrential rains, the office of the Deputy Director of Education (DyDE) has issued a revised schedule/timetable for the First Year Junior College (FYJC) admissions for the academic year 2018-19. The same has also been uploaded on its admission portal.
According to the earlier schedule, students who were allotted their preferred college in the first merit list had time till July 9 to confirm admission under round one.
However, several parts of Maharashtra, including Mumbai and Nagpur, received incessant rainfall over the last 48 hours, forcing authorities to extend the deadline for confirming admissions under the first round.
State Education Minister Vinod Tawde announced the deadline extension till July 10 on Monday to ensure students did not take unnecessary risks to travel to colleges. A precautionary holiday was also declared for schools & colleges in Mumbai.
Since rains showed little signs of receding on Tuesday, the deadline was further extended till 6 pm, July 11.
When the first extension was announced, Deputy School Education secretary Suvarna Kharat had stated that it would not impact the overall timetable. The additional extension of one more day, however, left the department with no option but to revise the entire schedule.
Revised FYJC 2018 admission timetable:
|Deadline for confirming admission under Round 1||July 6-11, 2018 (till 5 pm)|
|Publishing Round 1 vacancy & cut-off list||July 12, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for filling form for Round 2||July 12-13, 2018 (till 6 pm)|
|Declaration of second merit list||July 16, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for confirming admission under Round 2||July 16-18, 2018 (till 5 pm)|
|Publishing Round 2 vacancy & cut-off list||July 19, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for filling form for Round 3||July 19-20, 2018 (till 6 pm)|
|Declaration of third merit list||July 23, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for confirming admission under Round 3||July 24-26, 2018 (till 5 pm)|
|Publishing Round 3 vacancy & cut-off list||July 27, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for filling form for Round 4||July 27-28, 2018 (till 6 pm)|
|Declaration of fourth merit list||July 30, 2018 (11 am)|
|Deadline for confirming admission under Round 4||July 30 to August 2, 2018 (till 5 pm)|
|Collecting applications from desirous student’s for admission to Bifocal subjects and admitting students as per reservation/merit||August 2-4, 2018|
Checking revised FYJC 2018 schedule online:
The revised schedule for the admission year 2018-19 has also been uploaded online. Students can check the same by following the below steps:
# Visit the admission portal – mumbai.11thadmission.net
# In the main menu, go to Admission Calendar > English/Marathi Time Table
# The next page will display the revised admission timetable
# The revised timetable can also be directly accessed from here
Note: Colleges have been instructed to start the course after 70 percent of seats are filled. However, extra classes will need to be conducted for the remaining 30 percent.