Ghatkopar man injures 4 youths over playing cricket, 70 residents file complaint
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Over 70 residents from a transit camp in Ghatkopar approached the police after a man from their neighborhood injured four youths.
2. The boys, Mani, Rohit Gaywala, Akshay Karande, and Pravin Katke, were playing cricket in the area, when the accused, identified as Abdul Razzak Mulla, came out of his home asking them to stop playing, given the ball might break the glass on his windows.
3. According to the complainants, Mulla, his mother and his sister abused the four boys. Following which a minor scuffle ensued between the man and the four boys, which resulted in one of them, Mani, suffering a serious head injury.
4. Thus, residents of the transit camp headed to Pant Nagar Police Station in order to file a complaint against Mulla. They have also alleged that his family has been bullying other residents and terrorizing them for several months now.
5. Although Pant Nagar police have not registered an FIR yet, a non-cognizable offence has been filed against Mulla. The accused on the other hand, has stated that all the allegations against him are false and that the residents were against him because he was trying to improve the neighborhood.