2 speeding tankers result in 2 mishaps on Mumbai-Goa highway
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Mumbai-Goa highway, which has now become infamous for being amongst the deadliest roads in the country, witnessed two more accidents on Thursday.
2. In the first incident, at Kharpada around 2 am, a speeding tanker rammed into the back of a Tavera, which further dashed into the Xylo up front.
3. The driver of the Xylo lost control of the vehicle and crashed into the road divider. Although the driver escaped unhurt, 4 passengers were injured in the accident. The tanker driver fled the spot after the accident.
4. The second incident took place around 9 am on Ramwadi bridge, wherein another speeding tanker rammed into a two-wheeler. The impact led the bike to crash and the female pillion rider lost her life on the spot.
5. Pen police have registered FIRs against both the tanker drivers and are on the lookout for them.