Kandivali woman retaliates to husband’s beating by stabbing him
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Samta Nagar police arrested a 29-year-old woman for stabbing her husband to death on Sunday.
2. The couple, Rajesh Rajbhar and Guddi, were residents of Kandivali (E) and were going through a rough patch since the last few months.
3. A police official told DNA that the couple had arrived in the city around 7 months back and was struggling to make ends meet. Rajesh had come to the city for better job prospects, but was unable to find a suitable job. He resorted to begging or doing odd jobs to make ends meet.
4. Their financial instability caused strain on their relationship and the couple fought over domestic issues frequently. Rajesh would often, under the influence of alcohol, beat his wife during their altercation. On Sunday, during one such fight, Rajesh started assaulting Guddi once again. But, in a fit of rage, the wife retaliated by stabbing her husband in the back with a kitchen knife multiple times.
5. Since Rajesh was critically injured, he was rushed Shatabdi hospital. Later, when Rajesh succumbed to his injuries, police booked Guddi and arrested her for murder. She is currently in police custody.