Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Central Railway suspended Neral-Matheran toy train service after yet another derailment took place on Sunday.
2. The decision of suspending the services will affect thousands of tourists visiting the popular hill station. Since conventional vehicles are not allowed, the suspension of the toy train will have a sizable impact on the hill station’s revenue, which is primarily driven by tourists.
3. After the toy train derailed for the second time in a week, a committee has been set up to probe the cause of derailment.
4. As per reports, the CR is also planning to hand over the charge of the toy train to the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC).
5. Meanwhile, it is confirmed that the toy train services between Neral-Aman Lodge-Matheran will remain suspended for few days for restoration and repair work.Back to latest news