Muslim leader terms Trupti Desai’s Haji Ali visit as publicity stunt, dares her to enter Parsi temple
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Early morning on Thursday, women’s rights activist Trupti Desai finally managed to enter Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah to offer her prayers.
2. Although her last attempt to enter the dargah was met with fierce opposition from locals, political and religious leaders, this time she managed to enter the shrine without any difficulties.
3. Hours after her entry in the shrine, AIMIM leader Haji Rafat Hussain told ANI, “She entered today with the police. I think she should not have done that and should have entered alone. We would have been much happy if she would have entered just like any other common person.”
4. Alleging that her campaign is a mere publicity stunt Hussain added, “I would also like her to now try and enter a Parsi temple, where only Parsis are allowed to go, as that would confirm the people that she is actually fighting for women’s rights and not for publicity.”
5. He finally concluded by saying that although Desai was able to enter the dargah and offer her prayers today, she will never be able to enter the inner sanctum of the dargah in her lifetime.