Nihal, face of Progeria in India dies at 15
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mumbai’s only child with progeria, 15-year-old Nihal Bitla, breathed his last on Monday night at his native place in Telangana.
2. A Bhiwandi resident, Nihal, was attending a family function when he suffered severe dehydration and was admitted to a nearby hospital.
3. Fighting a rare disease, Nihal proactively participated in creating awareness about the disorder in India, and was the face of the Progeria Research Foundation’s campaign to detect undiagnosed children living in India.
4. An admirer of Aamir Khan, Nihal liked painting and had the opportunity to personally gift one of his works to the superstar.
5. Progeria or Hutchinson–Gilford progeria syndrome is the condition where a child ages eight times faster than normal and hence has a much shorter lifespan than children their age.