Loaded gun selfie claims life of 15-year-old
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A teenager from Punjab died after accidentally shooting himself while posing for a selfie with a loaded handgun, on Sunday.
2. The 15-year-old, identified as Ramandeep Singh, accidentally pulled the trigger of a handgun which was held next to his head while taking a selfie at his residence in Pathankot, Punjab.
3. Ramandeep was rushed to a hospital in the nearby city of Ludhiana, but he succumbed to his head injuries.
4. According to Punjab police, the handgun belonged to the boy’s father who is a building contractor.
5. With a total of 19 selfie-linked deaths since 2014, India has witnessed more deaths than any other country in the world.