Parts of Mumbai will receive no water on June 15
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. With the monsoon right around the corner, Mumbaikars are expecting a relief from the BMC-imposed water cuts. But before that, parts of the city will have to go without water for an entire day while the pipelines are being repaired.
2. The Hydraulic Engineer department has reportedly planned to undertake the leakage repairing work on Tansa (east) pipeline and on west main pipeline on June 15.
3. The repair work is expected to start by 8 am on June 15 and conclude before 8 am on June 16. During this 24-hour repair period, parts of the city will either not receive water or receive water with low pressure.
4. The repair will will affect the following areas: Mumbai Central Station, Elphinstone, Lower Parel, Prabhadevi, Mahim (W), Matunga (W), Dadar (W), Nair Hospital, Kasturba Hospital, N M Joshi Marg and a few surrounding pockets. Most of these areas will receive no water tomorrow.
5. The BMC had imposed a 20 percent water cut in the city from August last year due to the erratic monsoon. With the civic body having enough stock to supply water till end of June, Mumbaikars can expect a relief from the water cuts once the rains become regular.