Police rescue 28 youngsters from clutches of Kandivali godman
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mumbai police, on Friday, rescued 28 youngsters (including minors) from the clutches of a self-proclaimed godman.
2. The victims alleged that the spiritual ‘guru’ had exploited them and forced them to perform physically and mentally torturous religious rituals.
3. While speaking to ANI, police inspector Sunaina Nate, Samta Nagar police station said, “One of the children managed to inform his kin about the exploitation he was subjected to. The kin immediately informed police about the matter.”
4. Acting on the information, a police team raided his Kandivali bungalow on Friday evening and rescued 28 people, including 12 minors. Most of them hailed from Uttar Pradesh.
5. Samta Nagar police have arrested Bhagwandas Tiwari and Devendra Manoj Dube in connection with the crime and further investigation is underway.