Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. During the wee hours of Saturday, lifeguards managed to find the bodies of two youths who had drowned at Juhu beach on Friday afternoon.
2. A group of five friends – Abhijeet Mandal (18), Naveen Kamat (22), Roshan Ghanta (17), Samir Sheikh (17) and Rajesh Choudhari (20) – had gone to Juhu beach for a swim on Friday around 12.30 pm.
3. Even though they were repeatedly warned by lifeguards, they choose to go ahead and entered the sea from a secluded spot.
4. As the group started getting swept away by strong currents, one of them screamed and managed to catch lifeguards’ attention. The guards immediately rescued three of them, but Sheikh and Choudhari remained untraceable.
5. After finding their bodies on Saturday, a Santacruz police official said, “Their bodies were found in the early hours of Saturday and sent to the Cooper Hospital for post-mortem.”Back to latest news