Preity Zinta’s ex-boyfriend Ness Wadia booked for assaulting driver
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. MRA Marg Police, on Wednesday, registered a non-cognizable complaint against industrialist Ness Wadia for allegedly assaulting his driver.
2. The driver, Dhirendera Mishra, was taking Wadia from Bombay Dyeing’s office in Parel for Fort around 1 pm when Wadia asked him to speed up.
3. Despite Wadia’s repeated orders of speeding the car, the driver stuck to the speed limit and stopped at all signals. This enraged Wadia, who allegedly responding by abusing, hitting him on the head and kicking him. The incident occurred when the car was near JJ Flyover.
4. Mishra approached MRA Marg police station to register an FIR, but the cops only registered a non-cognizable offence. Wadia has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
5. In 2014, Wadia’s ex-girlfriend and co-owner of IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab team had registered a case against Wadia for molestation and intimidation. On Thursday, Wadia recorded his statement and denied all charges leveled by Zinta. Preity’s husband, Gene Goodenough, was also one of the witnesses in the case and supported the actress’ claim.