Wada pav stall gutted in fire after stove blast near Samarth Plaza in Mulund

Wada pav stall gutted in fire after stove blast near Samarth Plaza in Mulund
Picture Courtesy: Binu Varghese

A wada pav stall was gutted in fire following a kerosene stove blast near Samarth Plaza in Mulund West on Monday evening.

The incident took place around 7 pm at a wada pav stall located at RRT Road, next to Samarth Plaza near Mulund railway station in Mulund West.

According to officials, the vendor was using a kerosene stove in the stall, which exploded and the fire quickly spread to the entire structure.

The nearby vendors, which include other roadside eateries and those selling plastic wares, saved their goods by quickly moving them away from the flames.

After local police alerted the fire department, officials arrived on the spot and doused the flames in a few minutes.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the mishap.

“The stall was completely gutted in the fire, but no one was injured,” Senior Inspector Rajaram Vhanmane from Mulund Police station told Local Press Co.

While the vendor has not been booked as of writing this, a civic official confirmed that they will be conducting a drive against vendors who are operating illegally in the area.

Video:

This report has been covered in a shortened or ‘Snippet’ format to ensure the most important piece of information is relayed in the shortest possible time. If the story develops further or more relevant information becomes available, we will expand it into a full length article.

Back to latest news