At least 12 trains were cancelled and ten others were short-terminated after two bogies of a goods train caught fire at the Dahanu Road Railway Station in Maharashtra’s Palghar district on Thursday night.
According to officials, the goods train carrying plastic granules was travelling from Surat to Uran in Raigad district when the overhead wire snapped and fell on the train.
The two bogies caught fire at around 10.35 pm yesterday night, Western Railway PRO confirmed.
WR officials immediately turned off the power supply, affecting train movement on both lines on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route. The area around the burning bogies was also condoned by fire brigade and Western Railway officials.
While DOWN line opened at 1.35 am with speed restrictions, restoration work of UP line continued in full swing through the night as the melted material had spread on the track.
The UP line was finally restored at 8.50 am, following which local trains restricted till Boisar were run till Dahanu Road. Rajdhani Express was the first train to pass on the line after it was reopened.
Meanwhile, suburban services were running normally between Churchgate and Virar today morning.
* 69173 (Virar-Dahanu Road) of 8-11-2018 has been cancelled.
* 69174 (Dahanu Road-Borivali ) JCO 9-11-2018 has been cancelled.
* 59442 (Ahmedabad- Mumbai Central ) JCO 8-11-2018 will be short terminated at Vapi and reversed as 59439 ex Vapi.
* 59024/59023 (Valsad-Mumbai Central-Valsad) has been cancelled.
* 12935(Bandra T-Surat) JCO 9-11-2018 has been cancelled.
* 22954 (Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central) JCO 9-11-2018 is short terminated at Surat & will be reversed as 22953 ex Surat to Ahmedabad, i.e will be cancelled between ST-MMCT-Surat.
* 12922/12921 (Surat-Mumbai Central-Surat) JCO 9-11-2018 has been cancelled.
* 59038 (Surat -Virar) JCO 9-11-2018 will be short terminated at Valsad.
* 22444 (Bandra T-Kanpur Central) JCO 9-11-18 scheduled departure at 5.10 am is rescheduled at 8.05 am.
* 12009 (Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad ) JCO 9-11-2018 scheduled departure at 6.25 am, is rescheduled at 8.25 am.
* Train 19023 (Mumbai Central -Firozpur ) JCO 9-11-2018 scheduled departure at 7.25 am is rescheduled at 10.20 am.
* 12922/12921 (Surat-Mumbai Central-Surat ) JCO 9-11-2018 has been cancelled.
* 59038 (Surat-Virar) JCO 9-11-2018 will be short terminated at Valsad.
* 19016 (Porbandar-Mumbai Central) JCO 8-11-2018 is short terminated at Surat & reversed as 19015 JCO 9-11-18 ex Surat to Porbander.
* 12932 (Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central) JCO 9-11-2018 is short terminated at Valsad & reversed as 12931 ex Valsad to Ahmedabad.
* 12934 (Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central ) JCO 9-11-2018 IS short terminated at Vapi & reversed as 12933 ex Vapi to Ahmedabad.
* 59441 (Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad ) JCO 8-11-2018 is short terminated at Vasai Road and cancelled between Vasai Road-Ahmedabad.
* 17204(CAO-Bhavnagar) JCO 8-11-2018 has been diverted via Jalgaon-Surat.
* 15068 (Bandra Terminus-Gorakhpur) JCO 9-11-2018 has been diverted via Vasai Road-Kalyan-Jalgaon.