Delhi not the most polluted city in the world anymore
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Last year, a World Health Organization (WHO) report named Delhi as the world’s most polluted city in terms of air quality. The organization conducted another study this year, and this time around the nation’s capital has made its way down the list.
2. According to this year’s report, the most polluted air was recorded at Zabol in Iran, with an air quality index of 217. The cities that followed, however, were Gwalior, Allahabad, Patna and Raipur.
3. Meanwhile, Delhi is now ranked as the ninth worst air polluted city in the world. The air quality index of the metropolitan was an annual average of 122. After last year’s results of 153, civic authorities had tried to reduce air pollution by limiting the number of private vehicles on its roads for short periods of time.
4. The survey’s statistics also revealed that only 2 percent cities in poorer countries exhibit air quality that matches the WHO’s standards, compared to the 44 percent cities in rich countries.
5. Additionally, WHO records show that 7 million premature deaths occur globally every year due to air pollution, with 3 million attributed to the outdoor air quality.