First credible leak of the upcoming ‘flagship killer’ OnePlus 3
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Venture Beat reporter Evan Blass leaked the images of the highly anticipated OnePlus 3 on his micro-blogging account less than 2 hours back.
2. OnePlus gained recognition after their highly successful invite-only phone ‘OnePlus 1’. Deemed as the ‘flagship killer’, the phone offered high-end specs without the exorbitant prices of a typical flagship.
3. The leaked images clearly showcase the new direction in which the Chinese manufacturer is heading in terms of design. OnePlus Co-founder Carl Pei had earlier stated that the upcoming model will feature a completely new styling and the leaked image is in line with his claim.
4. The biggest changes we can make out from the render is the similarity to the iPhone & HTC designs, no sandstone-textured back and square camera housing. The home button, which will likely feature the fingerprint sensor, seems to have been retained from the current model – the OnePlus 2.
5. Although OnePlus hasn’t announced the specifications officially, sources confirm that the upcoming model will feature a Snapdragon 820 SoC, 8 and 16 mp cameras, 5″ AMOLED screen, fast charging and 32/64 gb variants. The phone is expected to release in the second quarter of 2016.