While Maharashtra reels under drought, Ghatkopar society organizes pool party
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. While Maharashtra is reeling under the worst draught of the century, a handful residents of a premier Ghatkopar housing society organized a pool party to beat the scorching heat on Sunday.
2. Although the pool party was open to the 2000 plus residents of the Orchid Residence, which includes 550 flats across 10 towers, less than 100 turned up for the party.
3. A majority of residents boycotted the party citing irresponsible behavior on the part of the organizers. The residents also claimed that it was unfair on their part to organize a ‘pool party’ at a time where others from the state are facing acute water scarcity.
4. Those who opposed the party, took to the society’s common group and voiced their concerns. Several of them also replied to the organizers’ invite mail.
5. The organizers, on their part, denied any irresponsible behavior and claimed that they had used water from the borewell for the party. Since no potable water was used, they didn’t end up wasting any water illegitimately.