No takers for politics, kids want to become like Sania, Sachin or Salman
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Turner India, which runs a kids entertainment channel, conducted face–to-face interviews with around 6,690 children aged 7-14 years and their parents across numerous Indian towns as a part of their new survey.
2. The survey titled ‘New Generations 2016’, which focussed on career choices, lifestyles, opinions, behavioural patterns and spending habits of children, revealed that a majority consider Salman Khan, Sachin Tendulkar Katrina Kaif and Sania Mirza as their role models and aim to be like them in near future.
3. While 31% of children wished to be like Sania, 21% chose Sachin Tendulkar as their favourite sportsperson. Salman Khan was named as the favourite male actor by 20% of the kids surveyed, and at 11% Katrina Kaif stood as the favourite female actor.
4. The findings further elaborated that 20% of children aimed to be a doctor and 21% aspired to become engineers. Additionally, 16% kids wanted to take up a career in social work, dancing, singing, pilot, photography, entrepreneurship, science, artist, actor or sports. Interestingly, only one per cent chose politics as their career option.
5. The data also revealed that 97 % children consider television as the preferred medium for information and entertainment, followed by newspapers at 49% and books at 44%.