The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set to issue new Rs 100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel.
According to an RBI press release, the new denomination has Motif of “RANI KI VAV” on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage.
The base colour of the note is ‘Lavender’. It’s dimension of 66 mm × 142 mm makes it smaller than the earlier Rs 100 note and slightly larger than the new design Rs 10 note.
Further, the note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Citizens should note that all the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 100 issued by the Reserve Bank in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
“As is normal, when a new design of banknote is introduced, printing and supply of these notes for distribution to public through the banking channel will gradually increase,” the release said.
According to reports, the printing of the new Rs 100 note has already started in the printing press of Dewas, where the Rs 2000 note is printed.
The image and salient features of Rs 100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series are as under:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 100
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 100
3. Denominational numeral १०० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘100’
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift; colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
8. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
9. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (100) watermarks
10. Number panel with numerals in ascending font on the top left side and bottom right side
11. For visually impaired intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised triangular identification mark with micro-text 100, four angular bleed lines both on the right and left sides
12. Year of printing of the note on the left
13. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
14. Language panel
15. Motif of RANI KI VAV
16. Denominational numeral १०० in DevnagariBack to latest news