Rajnikanth’s Kabali rakes in Rs 200 crore even before its release
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Pa.Ranjith’s highly-anticipated ‘Kabali’ starring superstar Rajnikanth has raked in Rs 200 crore even before its theatrical release.
2. After crossing a landmark 21 million trailer views on YouTube, the film’s Karnataka theatrical rights were sold to Lingaa ’s producer Rockline Venkatesh for a record price. All other saleable areas of the film, including its audio rights to Think Music India, have also been sold.
3. Several distributors are dying to acquire the rights of the much-touted crime drama. According to a report in The Hindu, a Hong Kong-based company has offered a huge amount for the Chinese dubbing rights of the Rajnikanth-starrer and a simultaneous release in China. While two Bollywood distributors are already doing rounds of Chennai to get the Hindi theatrical dubbing rights, Telugu dubbing rights of the film has already been finalised for a whopping amount.
4. In addition, the distribution rights of ‘Kabali’ in France have also fetched double of what other films get in the European market. With these, the yet to be released film, has already fetched over Rs 200 crore through distribution rights, satellite rights, endorsement deals and merchandise for it’s makers.
5. Meanwhile, the makers have announced the audio launch of ‘Kabali’ on June 11 in Chennai. Also starring Dinesh Ravi, ‘Kabali’ will be released worldwide on July 1 in four languages: Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, and Malayalam across 5,000 screens.