Sonu Nigam meets the guy who gave him Rs 12 as ‘nazarana’ for his singing
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A week after Sonu Nigam’s ‘Roadside Ustaad’ video went viral, the iconic singer has now met the guy who gave him Rs 12 as a token of appreciation for his singing.
2. The video, a social experiment carried out by Culture Machine’s digital channel- Being Indian, portrayed Sonu as an old ‘Roadside Ustaad’ wherein he took to the streets of Juhu and sang several of his famous songs for hours.
3. For over a span of three hours, no one from the crowd, who was gathered to watch the old man singing, recognised him as Sonu Nigam. However, a man named Shahbaz Ali didn’t refrain himself from appreciating the talent and offered Rs 12 to the singer as a ‘nazarana’.
4. After Sonu Nigam expressed a desire to meet the guy, the Being Indian team traced him and invited Shahbaz to meet the singer during a live AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Facebook on May 23. The day also marked the launch of Sonu’s upcoming single, Crazy Dil.
5. A star-stuck Shahbaz, who had no clue about who he was about to meet, hugged Sonu as soon as he met him. Sonu was so impressed by Shahbaz’s gesture that he got the money framed and placed it right next to his awards.
Check the video here: