Mumbai’s HSC pass percentage lower than state average, girls outshine boys
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Wednesday, the Maharashtra State Board declared its Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) results for all streams for the academic year 2015-16. In this year’s Standard 12 results, out of the 14 lakh students who appeared for the examination, 86.60 percent cleared the exams.
2. Across the state education board’s nine divisions, Konkan topped yet again with a pass percentage of 93.20, while Nashik division made the bottom of the list with a pass percentage of 83.89. Mumbai, which had the highest number of students appearing, recorded a 86.08 pass percentage – slightly lower than the state average.
3. The pass percentage of other six divisions are: Pune – 87.26, Aurangabad – 87.80, Nagpur – 86.35, Amaravati – 85.81, Kolhapur – 88.10 and Latur – 86.28.
4. As for the three streams, 93.16 percent of students of the Science stream passed their exams, while 79.10 percent of students from Commerce cleared the exams. The Arts stream witnessed the lowest pass percentage with 78.11 percent of students passing.
5. Continuing the trend, this year’s results also witnessed girls achieving better results than boys. Out of all the girls who appeared, about 90.50 percent have been declared passed. On the other hand, the pass percentage among boys is 83.46 percent.