Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Actress Kajol and Director/Producer Karan Johar, who have been the best of friends since working on Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge together, have reportedly drifted apart because of Ajay Devgn.
2. According to a report in Bollywood Life, the imminent box office clash of Devgan’s Shivaay and Johar’s Ae Dil He Mushkil is the reason why the once BFFs aren’t even on talking terms now.
3. It all started after the 44-year-old director picked October 28 as the release date for his Ranbir Kapoor-starrer in January, despite being aware of the fact that the ‘Singham’ actor had already locked the date for his movie earlier. Things took a turn for the worse when the ‘Koffee with Karan’ host refused to shift his film’s release despite Devgn’s requests.
4. Meanwhile, Kajol chose to side with her husband, and has since ceased all communication with the ‘My Name is Khan’ director. The bitterness between the two was one of the prime reasons why the ‘Dilwale’ actress was absent from Johar’s birthday party held in London earlier this week.
5. This is the second time Devgn has inadvertently caused a rift between the two friends. Back in 2013, the duo had stopped talking for over a year after Devgn accused Johar of making negative comments about him in the media. It wasn’t until Shah Rukh Khan stepped in that they finally talked it out and cleared the air.Back to latest news