Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Actress Chitrangada Singh has reportedly backed out of Kushan Nandy-helmed ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’ over the director’s inappropriate instructions while shooting an intimate scene for the film.
2. While filming for the scene in Lucknow, the director allegedly crossed a line while issuing directions to his actress. According to a Spotboye report, “Kushan got a bit too engaged in the scene in question, which required Nawaz to only pull Chitrangada roughly on the bed and realise that someone is watching them. Kushan was not happy with the first take. He thundered: Chitrangada, you ought to get literally on top of Nawaz (Nawazuddin Siddiqui). Tange ragdo and sex karo”. The source further added, “Chitrangada told Nandy that how can he speak to her so outrageously while giving directions about an intimate scene in front of the entire unit. Kushan replied: Okay, let’s talk it out aside. But by then, Chitrangada had lost it. She shot back: Now that you have started it in front of so many people, why end it in a place away from them? What do you think of yourself, Kushan?”
3. When the leading entertainment portal contacted a source close to the director, he responded by saying, “Blatant lies. These allegations are false. Chitrangda was continuously arguing on the scenes. We don’t make erotic films. Directors get involved in their scenes and exaggerate a bit to get the best out of their actors. Chitrangada was not performing well, the film was suffering and we asked her to leave. She has too much attitude and not only wanted changes in the script but even reported late on the sets.”
4. After the altercation, Chitrangada completed the shot and left the sets in tears. She informed Nawaaz about her decision and took a flight back home yesterday. The Spotboye source also added that the actress and director had been involved in an argument over the low-cut costumes as well. According to the source, “Chitrangada had actually pointed out to Kushan that she was not ready to wear petticoats and low-cut blouses in the first schedule in West Bengal itself, but Kushan again came up with the same demand in Lucknow”. When the director asked the actress why there was a problem wearing low cut dresses for his film since she had already worn them in Desi Boyz, the actress said that she had done it for an Akshay Kumar commercial film which had long shots, whereas his art film comprised of close-up shots.
5. According to the Spotboye report, the makers had also approached Swara Bhaskar for the film, but she turned it down because she wasn’t convinced with her role.Back to latest news