Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. After getting a taste of monsoon over the weekend, Mumbai is all set to start receiving regular showers from this week.
2. Keeping the city’s current infrastructure in mind, Mumbai police have identified around 150 spots across the city that are prone to flooding or landslides and sent it to all police stations. In addition, a standard operating procedure has also been put in place to help cops in case of emergencies.
3. While talking to Hindustan Times, Sangramsinh Nishandar, Deputy Commissioner of Police said, “An information book has been prepared with all guidelines, numbers of the authorities concerned, along with information on weather. It has been given to all police stations.”
4. Other than publishing regular weather updates, over 90 CCTV cameras have been installed across Mumbai for monitoring city roads. The feed from the cameras will be monitored realtime throughout the season and help detect problems early on. The feed will also help in creating diversions, if necessary.
5. The list of precautions for monsoon also includes updating timings of high-tide, listing organizations that provide boats, vehicles and towing vans, creating traffic diversions, maintaining emergency contact list of hospitals, schools etc.Back to latest news