Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. John Favreau’s The Jungle Book, which released on April 8 in India, will soon become the first Hollywood film to enter Rs 200 crore club.
2. While it had already surpassed the lifetime collections of Fast and Furious 7 to become the highest-grossing Hollywood film in India, the live-action drama has now amassed more than Rs 180 crore and slowly but steadily marching towards minting Rs 200 crore.
3. Starring Neel Sethi as Mowgli, The Jungle Book, within first 12 days of its India release, managed to gross $23.7 million (Rs 157 crore). The film has already completed 50 days at the theaters and is still going strong.
4. Along with strong word of mouth publicity, the film’s success can also be attributed to fact that it was dubbed into local languages like Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. The non-English versions contributed to over 60 per cent of its box office collection in India.
5. Reeling out the adventures of Mowgli and his jungle friends, ‘The Jungle Book’ is also the highest grossing film of 2016.
Back to latest news