Sairat breaks record, beats collection of Nana Patekar’s ‘Natsamrat’
Local press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Marathi film ‘Sairat’, directed by Nagraj Manjule, has been universally appreciated by fans and critics alike. Even before its release on April 29, the makers had predicted and believed that the Rinku Rajguru-Akash Thosar starrer will create history at the Box office.
2. To no surprise, due to its word-of-mouth publicity and exceptionally well-written plot, Sairat has emerged to be the highest grossing Marathi film of all time. The film has managed to rake in Rs 44.05 crore within the first 12 days of its release.
3. Sairat has already surpassed the collections of Nana Patekar starrer ‘Natsamrat’, which at ₹ 40 crore, held the record so far. With this achievement, the film has raised the bar for Marathi Cinema at the box office.
4. The romance drama reels out the story of Parshya (Akash), a low-caste man, and Archie (Rinku), a daughter of a rich “upper caste landlord”, who fall in love despite pressures from society that they must not be together.
5. Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia Dsouza Deshmukh, Tushar Kapoor and Aamir Khan have also showered praises on the movie. Now in its third week, Sairat is on its way to become the first 50 cr grosser of Marathi Cinema.