Salman’s goodwill helped get the ‘Sultan’ title free of cost
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Salman Khan’s upcoming sports-drama, revolving around the life of a Haryanavi wrestler Sultan Ali Khan, was aptly titled ‘Sultan’ by the makers.
2. But, the makers soon learnt that the right to the title was reserved by veteran filmmaker Ramesh Taurani, known for movies like ‘The Legend Of Bhagat Singh’, ‘Race’ and ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’.
3. Upon learning about Taurani’s claim to the title, Salman immediately called the director and requested him to allow the ‘Sultan’ team to use the title.
4. Taurani, who considers Salman as family, agreed to give away the title without any second thoughts. He even wished him and the team success for their ambitious venture.
5. When producer Aditya Chopra offered to pay the filmmaker for allowing them to use the title, Taurani refused his offer for compensation citing it was the least he could do for Salman.