A 24-year-old man died after receiving an electric shock while he was putting up barricades outside the Siddhivinayak temple in Mumbai’s Prabhadevi on Tuesday.
According to a senior police official, the incident took place around 3.45 am when barricades were being put up for streamlining the queues of devotees on the occasion of Angarika Chaturthi today.
Nasim Ali Bechain Ali, an electrician and helper, got electrocuted and died on the spot after coming in contact with a live electric wire, said Divakar Shelke, a senior inspector from Dadar Police Station.
Police registered a case of negligence against the contractor whom the temple management had given the job of putting up barricades.
Nobody has been arrested till now and a probe is currently underway.Back to latest news