A fire broke out at Narayana Compound loom factory in Bhiwandi during the wee hours of Wednesday. The blaze did not result in any casualties.
Location: The fire broke out at Narayana Compound loom factory at Bhiwandi in the neighbouring Thane district.
Time: The mishap took place around 1 am today, following which fire department was alerted.
Severity: Officials from the fire department arrived the spot with four fire engines and one water tank to douse the fire. The compound is located in the vicinity of the fire station, which allowed emergency vehicles to reach the spot in no time.
Casualties & damage: While no casualties were reported, millions of raw cloths including dozens of power loom machines, warping machines, and cloth threads were destroyed in the flame.
Current status: The fire has been doused as of publishing this report. Around 50 people from a neighbouring building, who were evacuated after they felt uneasiness in breathing due to the fumes, have also been allowed to enter the area.
Cause of fire: The fire department is yet to confirm the cause of fire.
Over to two dozen such incidents have been reported in Maharashtra alone since the start of the year. In the most recent one, a fire had broke out at Gokul shopping centre in Mumbai’s Borivali West on Monday night.Back to latest news