In the second fire-related incident of the day, a blaze broke out in an under construction ticket window at Mira Road railway station on Tuesday afternoon.
Commuters witnessed a thick cloud of smoke emanating from the ticket window, located on platform 4 of the station, following which they raised an alarm and notified the concerned authorities.
The fire, suspected to have caused due to a short circuit, was brought under control in minutes. Officials said the continuous downpour may have led to the short circuit, although an official confirmation is awaited.
While no one was injured in the mishap, it sparked panic among commuters. Fortunately, no untoward incident took place.
Earlier today, another fire broke out at Trade World building, located at Kamala Mills compound in Lower Parel. The blaze was brought under control with the help of two fire tenders and did not result in any casualties.
Another mishap was reported in Andheri, where a part of the road over bridge collapsed early morning. The incident affected services on the Western line and left at least six persons injured.
Video:Back to latest news