21st of every month to be celebrated as Yoga Day across Maharashtra
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. In a recently held meeting with renowned yoga institutions like Art of Living and Patanjali Yog Samiti, State School and Higher Education minister Vinod Tawde decided to dedicate one day of every academic month to Yoga.
2. Post the meeting, Tawde declared that 21st of every month will be celebrated as ‘Yoga Day’ across all schools, colleges and universities of Maharashtra.
3. Considering the importance of practicing Yoga in today’s westernized way of living, the minister decided that each district from Maharashtra will have to set up a Yoga Day committee at their level to plan a Yoga Festival every year between January 12 to 21.
4. A state level committee to coordinate and monitor the activities of the district level committees will also be formed.
5. During a press conference the education minister was quoted saying, “Swami Vivekanand’s birth anniversary, January 12, is celebrated as Yuvak Din (Youth Day) in the country. So during 10 days from January 12 to 21, all schools and colleges will have to organise Yoga Festival aiming to spread Yoga therapy in 40,000 villages across the state.”