Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. In a bid to promote healthy living among its citizens, Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) has decided to open 35 open-air gyms across the city.
2. According to TMC officials, many of it’s citizens are into fitness, but are unable to pay the exorbitant gym fees. The free gyms will come as a welcome relief to those who want to stay fit, but not necessarily in a position to pay for it.
3. While speaking to DNA, Sandeep Malvi, PRO of TMC said, “We had started open gyms at 11 spots in Thane on an experimental basis. After receiving huge response from Thanekars, TMC commissioner Sanjeev Jaiswal has decided to start more.”
4. The gyms will be located near Highland Park, Swastik Park, Dharma Patil Udyan, Rutu Park, Vastu Anand Sankul (Kalwa), Vrindavan Society (Rabodi), Rajivnagar, Wagle Estate, Kachrali lake, Naupada, Uthalsar, Mumbra etc.
5. The gyms will be equipped with dumbbells, barbells, air walkers, ab boards, bench press, shoulder press, ramblers, spinning cycle, tai chi spinners etc and are expected to be completed and fully-functional by end of November.Back to latest news