43-year-old man set ablaze by room mates in Thane
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Khadakpada police, on Tuesday, arrested four persons for allegedly setting a man ablaze over a petty dispute at their residence in Thane.
2. The incident happened on June 12, after an argument broke out between the victim, Hussain Shaikh, and the four accused over a daily household chore. Shaikh and the four men shared a house in Barave village of Thane district.
3. As the dispute escalated, all the accused, in a fit-of rage, doused Shaikh with kerosene and set him on fire.
4. 43-year-old Shaikh was rushed to a nearby hospital, and was later shifted to LTMG hospital in Sion. Doctors confirmed that the victim had sustained 90 per cent burns.
5. The accused, identified as Shanvar, Nadeem, Anwar, and Kalam, have been arrested and booked under sections 307 (attempt to murder), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the IPC.