Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On April 19, six-year-old Kiara was found unconscious at her mother’s Khar apartment. Following which the child was rushed to Hinduja Hospital and later moved to Lilavati Hospital, where she was declared dead on April 29.
2. The body was later sent to Juhu’s Dr RN Cooper Municipal Medical College & General Hospital for a post-mortem. Since the exact cause of Kiara’s untimely demise is yet to be confirmed, Khar police have registered a medico-legal case and are currently probing the matter.
3. However, the girl’s father believes that given a tablet of Trika, an anti-anxiety medicine, was found next to the child, its consumption could have caused her death.
4. According to an official at the Cooper post-mortem Center, “The cause of death has been kept pending as we are awaiting the histopathalogy test report form JJ Hospital, which will confirm or rule out if the child was suffering from any ailment. The toxicology report from the State Forensic Science Laboratory, Kalina, will give details on the question of alleged poisoning.”
5. The incident also brought to light the legal battle between the separated parents of the Gokalibai School ward. While her father resides in Kansas, America with the Kiara’s two sisters, she lived with her mother in Khar. Dharmesh Ved, alleges that the girl’s mother, Sejal Dhutia, fled with Kiara to India, despite him having legal custody of her. On the other hand, Sejal has accused Dharmesh of domestic violence and her case is being heard in the Supreme Court.Back to latest news