Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A 70-year-old man was arrested by VP Road police last week for luring a minor at his residence and molesting her.
2. The accused, Chandramoni Sharma, is a resident of Girgaon and stays with his wife and two children. The 10-year-old victim, is also a resident on the same building.
3. According to the police, Sharma saw the victim playing in the building on June 3 and asked her to come with him to his flat if she wanted sweets. Sharma’s family wasn’t home at the time.
4. When the girl accompanied him to his flat, Sharma locked the door and started touching the girl inappropriately. The girl fought back and pushed Sharma aside before making a run for the door. The girl managed to escape and narrated the incident to her parents.
5. The parents rushed to VP Road police station and filed a complaint against Sharma. The cops registered an FIR against Sharma under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC and relevant sections of the POSCO Act. He was arrested the same day and is currently in police custody.Back to latest news