Sex racket busted in Goregaon, ‘Savdhaan India’ & Marathi actress arrested
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mumbai police’s Social Service Branch (SSB), on Wednesday, busted a high-profile sex racket involving a TV actress in Goregaon.
2. According to an India Today report, after the cops received a tip-off about the sex racket, they sent an undercover cop posing as ‘supplier’ to get in touch with the people reportedly running the racket. After receiving a confirmation, the police conducted a raid at a building near Film City and detained the accused.
3. Post the arrest, an SSB official was quoted saying, “After getting the information that some girls were involved in the sex racket, we laid a trap. We wanted to arrest main suppliers Saira and Asaraf alias Aman. When they came there, we arrested them along with the girls”. Other than the accused, an actress from TV show ‘Savdhaan India’ and a Marathi actress were also arrested.
4. According to the cops, the accused would share photographs of models and actors with prospective clients on social media. After the client, which mostly included wealthy businessmen and corporates, approved of a particular woman, they would supply them to him. The models charged anywhere between Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh per assignment.
5. While the police has registered a case against the accused under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the prime accused is still on the run.