85% of potholes in the city are repaired: BMC tells Bombay HC

85% of potholes in the city are repaired: BMC tells Bombay HC
Image: tumblr

Local Press Co 5-point Snippet

1. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), on Wednesday, informed the Bombay High Court that it has already repaired a major portion of the reported potholes in the city and plans on completing the remaining ones before monsoon.

2. The high court bench of Justice Shantanu Kemkar and M.S Karnik was hearing a suo-moto petition filed on the state of potholes across the maximum city.

3. During the hearing, the court also questioned BMC on its online portal where citizens could file complaints of potholes in their area and expect response within 48 hours.

4. After the BMC cited high cost of maintenance and lack of bidders as the reason, the bench asked the civic body to advertise its newly launched toll-free number and social media pages to ensure citizens can continue to file complaints against potholes in the city.

5. When questioned on the progress of pre-monsoon repair work, the BMC lawyer informed the bench that the BMC has completed the repair work of 85 percent potholes in the city and is planning on completing the remaining 15 percent before the arrival of monsoon. The BMC is currently responsible for maintaining approximately 2000 km of roads in the city.

Back to latest news