Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On May 18, Ankush Shirish Sangoi, registered a case against his domestic help Raju Dahiwala, accusing him of stealing his wife Sneha’s diamond earrings, Rolex watches and Rs 65 lakh in cash.
2. However, upon investigation, police found that the stolen Rolex watches were stowed away in a safe and the servant was unaware of the key’s location. Additionally, other residents of Sangoi’s housing society, who had also employed Dahiwala and his wife as house help, vouched for his honesty while talking to the police.
3. As a result, Charkop police explored the possibility of examining other suspects, including the complainant Ankush, who had gone to Dubai two days after registering the case.
4. During their inquiry into Ankush, cops uncovered that the Dubai-based businessman ran a financial company that was suffering heavy losses. His friends also revealed that he owed millions and had taken several loans time and again.
5. Following the enquiry, the 30-year-old was asked to report to the police station as soon as he landed at Mumbai Airport. Subsequently, Ankush sensed that his lie had been exposed and confessed to stealing the items. Cops are currently seeking legal counsel before determining further course of action.Back to latest news