Bhandup police book duo for luring job seekers with overseas jobs and duping them
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Bhandup police have registered a case against two con-men for duping job-seekers. The duo would lure them under the pretense of promising lucrative jobs abroad in exchange of some money, but fail to provide any.
2. Bhandup police officials received information that a group of four men, running an agency at Dreams Mall in Bhandup by the name ‘Universal Man Power’, were offering jobs in countries like Canada, Singapore, Dubai and Kuwait to job-seekers despite not being authorised to do so.
3. The victim, along with 8 of his friends, had visited the agency to enquire about job offers. At the agency, they met the accused, Asif and Faijan Shaikh, who offered them tempting job offers and visas in exchange of Rs 50,000 from each of them.
4. After the victims paid the first installment, they were assured that their visas will be ready in a month’s time. But when the accused did not give them visas for four months despite repeated followups, they decided to approach the police.
5. After receiving the complaint, Bhandup police booked the duo under relevant sections of the IPC. Meanwhile, the accused have fled from the city and cops have formed separate teams to track them down.