Central Railway cleans over 1 lakh metres of drains to get monsoon ready
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Central Railway, on Thursday, announced that it has completed a major part of the pre-monsoon work to make the suburban railway operationally safe for commuters.
2. In a statement, CR said that it had identified 20 locations prone to waterlogging during monsoon and it will be providing each of the areas with pumps before May 31.
3. The areas where pumps will be deployed include Sion, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Byculla, Thane, Mumbra on main line and Sewri, Wadala, Chembur, Chunabhatti on the harbour line.
4. Even Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will provide 16 pumps at 15 locations around the station premises that are prone to flooding.
5. As a part of the pre-monsoon work, CR workers had cleaned and de-silted over one lakh metres of drains on the suburban section. The first round of cleaning is already complete and the second round of cleaning is expected to complete by May 31.