Kandivli woman chases after molester for half a kilometre, thrashes him in public
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Wednesday night, Kandivli resident Sonali Ramaiya had gone for a walk in Thakur Village when a passerby, on noticing she was alone, tried to take advantage of the situation.
2. While Sonali was walking, the man approached her, touched her inappropriately and made a run for it. On impulse Sonali, who wasn’t thinking of the consequences, threw her water bottle at him and started chasing him.
3. After chasing him for about half a kilometer and while constantly screaming ‘chor chor, pakdo pakdo’, around 30-40 people, including passersby, taxi drivers and shop owners, came forward and nabbed the man.
4. Enraged Sonali slapped him and kicked him several times. Later the crowd handed over the molester to the Samta Nagar police station.
5. The man, identified as Sumit Biswas, works at a local diary. A non-cognizable complaint has been lodged against Biswas.