Complaint against Andheri-based academy for not fulfilling it’s 100% placement guarantee
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Amboli police, on Tuesday, registered an FIR against the management of an Andheri-based aviation academy after students filed a complaint against them for cheating.
2. Around 30 students, who paid anywhere between Rs 40,000 to 80,000 depending on the course, claimed that the management had promised 100 percent placement at the end of the course. However, at the end of the course, the academy failed to provide any certificate or placement.
3. Students also claim that they were promised jobs in national and international airlines, but instead were made to sit for companies recruiting in completely unrelated sectors.
4. After the academy’s management failed to provide any justification over the lack of replacement or refund, 10 students collectively filed a complaint against the academy.
5. After receiving the complaint, the Amboli police registered an FIR against Fly High Aviation Academy’s director Catherine Joseph and administrative head Sonam under sections 420 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code. The management of the academy is yet to respond to the student’s allegations.