Elderly woman murdered at her Matunga residence, killer flees in front of witness
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Monday night, 82-year-old Manjula Vora was found brutally murdered at her fifth floor flat in Pranav Residency of Matunga. Vora lived with her 70-year-old brother, who is mentally challenged, and was the owner of the building.
2. When the victim’s family doctor was on a regular visit to her residence yesterday evening, he rang the bell but no one came to open the door. Assuming that there would be no one inside the house, he went downstairs. When he enquired with the watchman about Voras, he said that they must be home since they haven’t left the building. Suspecting that something could have gone wrong, the doctor went back upstairs.
3. When he reached the flat, he saw a man in his 20’s with a plastic bag inside the living room. The stranger asked the doctor to go inside the kitchen and see Manjula, while he fled the spot.
4. The doctor was shocked to see Manjula’s slit throat and her body lying in a pool of blood on the floor. He immediately informed the police and alerted the neighbours.
5. Cops suspect it to be a case of robbery and are investigating it. Meanwhile, the stranger remains unidentified as the doctor couldn’t see his face at the time of the incident. The suspect had covered his face with a cap and an handkerchief.