Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. China, for the first time, publicly acknowledged the role of Pakistan in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that claimed the lives of 164 innocent people and left over 300 injured.
2. China’s State Television CCTV9, in a documentary, highlighted the role of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and its sponsors in Pakistan.
3. According to ANI, China’s policy change is quite significant in terms of its timing since it is taking place on the eve of the expiry of Beijing’s decision to place on technical hold the listing of three known LeT & JuD (Jamaat-ud-Dawa) militants – Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki, Talha Saeed and Hafiz Abdul Rauf, on June 9, 2016.
4. The listing of these operatives by Al Qaeda Sanctions Committee of the United Nations Security Council in September 2015 received support from all members of the international community, barring China who reportedly acted on Pakistan’s behest.
5. China is also facing flak from other superpowers over a technical hold over the listing of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) chief Hafiz Saeed, even though the JeM stands listed by the United Nations Sanctions Committee.Back to latest news