Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Two days after the murder of a 84-year-old and his caretaker, Thane police have arrested the two men in connection with committing the crime.
2. The senior citizen Sitaram Shroff had hired 28-year-old Prashant Pawar’s father as a caretaker a year back. But due to his father’s ill health, Pawar started fulfilling his father’s duties. Three months back, the caretaker was fired after Shroff caught him stealing money from the house.
3. After firing Pawar, Shroff hired Santosh Lavgare (41) as his caretaker. Pawar, on the other hand, remained unemployed all this while and decided to exact revenge by killing and looting the senior citizen.
4. Pawar, along with his friend Ashish Yadav, visited Shroff on Tuesday at his residence at Thane’s Regency Heights building. After speaking to him for sometime, the duo attacked both the elderly and the caretaker with knifes. Both were stabbed multiple times and the accused fled with cash, mobile phone, electronics and other valuables.
5. A case of murder and theft was registered against the accused at Kasarwadavli police station. Investigation led the cops to a CCTV footage which helped them track down Pawar and arrest the duo. The accused are currently in police custody.Back to latest news