Fire breaks out at Babla Compound in Bhiwandi, 5 workers sleeping inside escape safely
A massive fire broke out at Babla Compound in Thane’s Bhiwandi area late Friday night.
According to locals, the fire broke out at Savita Sizing Company located inside Babla Compound on Kalyan Road in Gaibi Nagar, Bhiwandi.
The fire department was immediately alerted about the mishap, following which several fire engines and water tankers were dispatched to the spot.
The blaze was brought under control after an hour of firefighting and cooling operations continued through the night.
“We immediately rushed to the spot when we got a call. It took an hour for us to get control on the flames, now the cooling process is going on,” firefighter Jagdish Sabre told ANI.
At least five workers of the company were sleeping inside the premises when the mishap took place, but all of them managed to escape safely.
While locals alleged that the fire broke out due to a short circuit, a confirmation from the fire department is awaited.
So far no injuries have been reported.
At least three fire-related incidents were reported in and around Mumbai in the last 24 hours including the Babla Compound blaze.
First, a fire gutted the entire fourth floor of an empty Navrang Studio inside Lower Parel’s Todi Mill Compound during the wee hours of Friday. A fireman was injured in the blaze.
Later in the day, another fire broke out Giriraj Heights residential building in Thane’s Naupada area due to a suspected short circuit in the electric duct. However, all 150 residents were safely evacuated and no casualties were reported.