Fire breaks out at Mistry Industrial Estate in Andheri, 2 firemen injured

Fire breaks out at Mistry Industrial Estate in Andheri, 2 firemen injured
Representational Image (Courtesy: Kaizar Rampurawala)

A massive fire broke out in Mistry Industrial Estate area in suburban Andheri during the wee hours of Monday, leaving two firemen injured and gutting a part of the premises.

The fire brigade got a call around 1.16 am about the blaze in a ground-plus-one-floor manufacturing unit in the industrial area near Tunga International Hotel on A Cross Road in Marol, Andheri East.

A total of eight fire engines were pressed into service and the fire brigade personnel managed to douse the flames after hectic efforts for a few hours.

According to officials, the fire was confined to the electric wiring, electric installation, moulding machine, boiler, waste material, plastic panels, plastic raw material, cartons, documents etc in an area about 10,000 sq.ft.

Two firemen sustained minor injuries and were admitted to the nearby Cooper Hospital. They were discharged after being provided primary treatment, the official added.

This is the sixth fire-related incident reported in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region in the last 72 hours.

Recent Incidents:

1. The series of mishaps started during the wee hours of Friday after a massive fire gutted the entire fourth floor of an empty Navrang Studio inside Lower Parel’s Todi Mill Compound. A fireman was injured in the blaze.

2. Later in the day, another fire broke out Giriraj Heights residential building in Thane’s Naupada area due to a suspected short circuit in the electric duct. However, all 150 residents were safely evacuated and no casualties were reported.

3. The third incident of the day was also reported in Thane, when a massive fire broke out at Savita Sizing Company in Babla Compound on Kalyan Road in Gaibi Nagar, Bhiwandi late Friday night. Five workers, who were sleeping inside the premises when the mishap occurred, managed to escape on time. No casualties were reported.

4. A 50-year-old woman sustained minor injuries after a leakage in the domestic gas cylinder supply pipe resulted in a fire at a house in Parel around 6 am on Saturday morning. The incident took place at the 3rd floor of M Building in Parel’s BEST Colony on Sai Baba Road. One fire engines was dispatched to douse the fire and the woman, Mrs. Sarubai Ghuge, was shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. She is said to be out of danger.

5. A fire broke out at Ekta Co-operative Society in Mumbai’s Kandivali area on Saturday afternoon. The blaze was quickly brought under control and did not result in any casualties.

Back to latest news